1. Adjectives before nouns
When adjectives come in a noun phrase they are normally immediately before the noun.
2. Adjectives used only in front of nouns
Some adjectives are only used in front of nouns eg northern, southern, eastern, western; indoor, outdoor; digital.
3. Adjectives used after nouns
Some adjectives are used alone after nouns eg elect; designate
4. Adjectives after condition verbs eg 'be'
Adjectives are used to describe the condition of things and people etc
5. Adjectives only after condition verbs
Some adjectives are almost always only used after condition verbs.
6. Verb + object + adjective
7. Changes in meaning because of position